Near people are unaware of the fact that their unerect position can have a considerable impact on their digestion. The ahead evidence of this dates back to antique times when monks practiced a custom of lying down after each repast in order to facilitate digestion.
Another prove for this theory relates to ayurvedic music, the oldest oriental medicine, suggesting that one should take a nap on their left side.
Here are any of Ayurveda’s reasons for recommending the left slope for sleep:
- Facilitate lymphatic drainage
- Erect it easier for the heart to pump downhill
- More suitable elimination
- Support healthy spleen assistance
- Encourages proper digestion
- Helps flowing back to the heart
- Helps bile surge more freely