A mother claims her caesarean scar exploded all over her children after doctors used metal staples she is allergic to.
Raluca Oniciuc, 32, from Luton, says the wound burst two days after she gave birth three weeks ago, splattering her mother, two children and even the ceiling in her bodily fluids.
Doctors sealed up Ms Oniciuc’s c-section with staples, despite reportedly knowing she was allergic to metal, causing the new mother to lose more than a pint of blood through the incision just 48 hours later in what is thought to have been a uterine rupture.
The mother-of-three claims the scar exploded ‘like a water balloon that burst everywhere. It was pouring down my legs’.
After insisting on having the staples removed, Ms Oniciuc, an interior designer, says she is unable to drive, have a bath or hold her children, including newborn baby Theo.
Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, where Ms Oniciuc had the operation, claims it was unaware of her metal allergy, adding it is highly unlikely the staples caused the rupture.